Every woman should feel supported and heard in her postpartum journey. My goal is to empower mothers (and fathers, too!) to trust in their own parenthood. By providing evidence-based information paired with my personal/professional experience, I help equip families with the tools they need to thrive in the postpartum period.
What do Postpartum Doulas do?
A Postpartum Doula plays many roles in the lives of her clients. As your Postpartum Doula, I will provide the following:
- Support for the new mom, seeing that her physical, mental, and emotional needs are being met
- Information about normal postpartum healing for both vaginal and c-section births
- Information on newborn care and normal newborn behaviors
- Help with the baby (including swaddling techniques, bathing, tummy time, and more)
- Care for the newborn so mom can rest
- Opportunities and tips for bonding time for mom/dad/baby
- Breastfeeding support
- Babywearing techniques
- Baby sleep support
- Light housecleaning (dishes, baby laundry, tidying)
- Meal and snack prep and/or help organizing “meal trains” from family and friends
- A non-judgmental, listening ear — a shoulder to cry on — a helping hand <3
Why should every mom have a Postpartum Doula?
It has been proven that mothers who have a Postpartum Doula have:
- Lower rates of PMADs (Postpartum Mood & Anxiety Disorders)
- Higher success rates of breastfeeding
- Higher rates of self-confidence
- Overall superior outcomes in postpartum adjustment